The VentSimTM CONTROL (formerly SmartEXEC) software provides ventilation design capabilities which can be used for control and optimization.
After a programme of user feedback and evolution lasting almost a decade, VentSim CONTROL is today delivering outstanding results. In 2015, we developed a no programming 'plug and play' approach by incorporating instrumentation, automation, fans, dampers and fan motor starters that can be integrated quickly and easily into any VentSim CONTROL system. Today, any type and size of Howden fan can be supplied in that 'plug and play' configuration.
From the surface, remotely monitor, control and automate real-time airflow and ventilation in your mine. Pre-programmed, easy to use. Easily expands for growing operations.
- Once a ventilation design is completed, the resulting VentSim CONTROL system is ready for real-time control and optimization in the mine. The VentSim CONTROL system interfaces with existing infrastructure using Open Connectivity (OPC). This control technology is seamlessly integrated into ventilation design connecting directly to Programmable Logic Controllers (PLCs), Variable Frequency Drives (VFDs), actuators, starters and other controllable devises via existing communication structures. Once communication is established, the VentSim CONTROL system maintains all control information for a given piece of equipment regardless of location. VentSim CONTROL also provides fail safe setpoints to the PLCs. Using dynamic linking, as ventilation equipment is added or removed, altering the process control is a simple configuration change executed by the ventilation personnel. The changes require no programming for controls or human machine interfaces.
- The VentSim CONTROL ventilation control system has unique characteristics which provide significant advantages over conventional control systems.
- The VentSim CONTROL software can be coupled to the VentSim CONTROL MS, MSg, MCS and MCSg for ventilation instrumentation and local control.
- For engineering purposes:
- to design efficient ventilation network and controls.
- to easily and rapidly evaluate alternatives.
- to evaluate production capacity.
- to evaluate existing or future ventilation system performance.
- to evaluate future operating cost and savings opportunity.
- For operations:
- to measure and document compliance to Health & Safety regulations◦volume requirement.
- velocity requirement.
- fresh air / return air mix.
- to maximize production capacity.
- to realize energy savings.
- to reduce the carbon footprint.
This product is a part of TMVS – Total Mine Ventilation Solutions, the integrated suite of expertise, products and services that provides efficiency and safety across your mine operations
5 levels of control
1 - Manual
The operator uses the VentSim CONTROL interface to remotely turn fans on or off, to modify their speed or to set the % on regulators. Settings stay as they are until manually changed.
2 – Automatic schedules and events
VentSim CONTROL automatically changes underground fan and regulator settings as part of a schedule such as shift changes or planned events such as blasting.
3 – Automatic set points
The operator enters set points for airflow, gas levels, and/or temperature. VentSim CONTROL reads real-time conditions from monitoring stations, then automatically adjusts underground fan and regulator settings to maintain set points.
4 – Dynamic requirements (VOD)
VentSim CONTROL uses dynamic tracking to determine requirements for airflow, gas levels, and temperature based on personnel and vehicles in each area. VentSim CONTROL reads real-time conditions from monitoring stations and automatically adjusts underground fan and regulator settings to maintain safe and comfortable working conditions in a dynamic environment.
5 – Complete infrastructure optimization including main fans
VentSim CONTROL reads real-time conditions from monitoring stations and automatically optimizes underground fan and regulator settings, and also adjusts main fan settings to maintain required levels and maximize energy savings. This level of optimization controls the ventilation system as a whole using advanced control strategies designed for mine ventilation applications.
Learn more about VentSim CONTROL
Covering VentSim, Equipment and Services.
VentSim CONTROL product overview
Mark Sanders explains about the amazing capabilities of VentSim CONTROL.
VentSim CONTROL Software
Hugo Dello Sbarba explains why he loves VentSim CONTROL software.
VentSim CONTROL People & Passion
Jocelyn Morier explains one reason why VentSim CONTROL is leading the way.
VentSim CONTROL Product Benefits
Mark Sanders explores the benefits of VentSim CONTROL.
VentSim CONTROL Ventilation Improvements
Hugo Dello Sbarba talks about the savings that can be made with even the smallest change in ventilation.
VentSim CONTROL Library
Control and monitor main fans, track airflow and air quality, in one consolidated unit.
Optimize airflow and ventilation to ensure quality working conditions
Control underground fans or variable flow devices, track airflow, pressure, humidity, temperature and up to nine gases in one consolidated unit.
Monitor airflow in raises to identify possible blockages.
Measure real-time airflow accurately and reliably.
Provide the connectivity and speed required for optimal performance of VentSim CONTROL system implementation.
Track airflow, pressure, humidity, temperature, and up to nine gases in one consolidated unit.
Precise, verifiable ventilation control with automatic or manual options.
Submit email address to get your copy of our VentSim CONTROL profile document
Our radically new VentSim CONTROL technologies that brought impressive cost and energy savings while also raising productivity.
This study examines the results of three typical mines with VOD installed.
VentSim™ CONTROL ready fans to end need for retrofits.
Howden recently worked with a North American hard rock mine to introduce a Ventilation on Demand system.
We will work with you to develop a solution that can save you over 50% on your energy costs.
The three key benefits that bring a whole new way to working in the mining industry.
If you would like to submit an enquiry please get in touch.