Power generation demands the highest levels of performance and reliability. Howden fans, heat exchangers and blowers are no exception to this, operating at peak performance for years between outages. Having been part of the power generation industry since its inception, Howden has supplied over 40,000 boiler draught fans and almost 5,000 rotary heat exchangers in over 100 countries making it a leading supplier of air handling products to the industry.
Our products play their part in moving air and gas, reducing fuel consumption and reducing emissions in all major processes found in the power generation industry, including:
Conventional boilers (coal, oil and gas fired) and circulating fluidized bed boilers (CFB boilers, fossil fuel or biomass fired)
- boiler draught fans (forced draught, induced draught, primary air and gas recirculation fans).
- rotary heat exchangers (air preheaters - bisector, trisector, quadsector and concentric arrangements).
- replacement baskets for rotary heat exchangers (for all makes of rotary heat exchangers).
- heat exchanger sealing system enhancements.
- cooling fans for large cooling towers or packaged cooling systems.
Flue Gas Desulphurization (FGD)
- booster fans (wet or dry booster fans).
- rotary regenerative gas/gas heaters (gas reheaters).
- replacement baskets for rotary regenerative gas/gas heaters (for all makes of gas/gas heater).
- forced oxidation blowers or turbo-compressors.
Selective Catalytic Reduction (SCR)
- rotary heat exchanger enhancement or replacement for SCR compatibility.
- fan refurbishment or replacement.
Combined Cycle Gas Turbine (CCGT) and Combined Heat and Power (CHP)
- screw and reciprocating compressors for gas turbine fuel gas boosting.
- cooling fans for mechanical draught cooling towers.
- fans for auxiliary and supplementary firing in heat recovery steam generators (HRSG).