Oil & Gas
The oil and gas industry provides a wide range of challenges for rotating plant; extreme temperatures, high humidity, saline atmospheres and remote locations being just a few. Howden provides high integrity fans, blowers and compressors that are well suited to such conditions and where the highest levels of performance and reliability are essential.
Our equipment is built to API and equivalent industry standards. We work with customers to provide equipment to meet the specification in the most reliable and cost effective manner. Our equipment is installed in many remote and difficult locations throughout the world.
We serve both the onshore and offshore oil and gas sectors with equipment that includes:
- screw compressor packages for gas handling on offshore platforms and FSPOs
- screw compressor packages for gas gathering and flare gas recovery
- screw compressor packages for gas turbine fuel gas compression
- turbo-compressors (blowers) and fans for sulphur recovery processes e.g. Claus and for tail gas clean-up
- piston (reciprocating) compressors for gas-lift, gas gathering and gas transmission
- piston (reciprocating) compressors for gas storage in underground caverns
- piston (reciprocating) compressors for liquid gas offloading from delivery tank to storage tank
- piston (reciprocating) compressors for gas drying and gas treatment
- cooling fans for mechanical draught cooling towers, air-cooled heat exchangers and air-cooled condensers for use with compression and other process plant
- ventilation fans for offshore oil and gas platforms using mixed flow design for high performance with compact dimensions
- fans for combustion air in LNG re-gasification plants