Non Variable Pitch Axial Fans
The Howden fixed pitch and adjustable pitch axial fans have a wide range of applications in industries throughout the world. Designed for efficiency, reliability and trouble free operation, these fans are particularly suitable for use in high specification ventilation, cooling and drying systems.
Howden fixed and adjustable pitch axial fans are used in a wide range of applications where the cost and complexity of a variable pitch alternative is less attractive.
Our fixed pitch axial fans are designed for steady state duty and are simple and straightforward for greater reliability and ease of maintenance. With our space saving designs and layout options including direct, belt or dual motor drives, a wide range of installation alternatives can be provided.
Our adjustable pitch designs have the additional feature of permitting the fan to be precisely matched to system requirements, saving power and reducing noise. The blade pitch of an adjustable pitch fan is easily changed with the fan at rest. Simultaneous Pitch Adjustment (SPA), which allows the pitch of all the blades to be changed at the same time with one simple adjustment, is attractive in many applications.
Within our capability we have axial fans which can supply 0.2 to 2300m3/s (50 to 4,870,000CFM). Many of our designs can be specifically customised for specialised applications, including:
- mine and tunnel ventilation
- general building ventilation
- navy and maritime
- process air supply
- wind tunnels
- nuclear safety
- and general ventilating, cooling and exhaust applications
We engineer our variable pitch axial fans to meet the specific requirements of these specialised applications. For example for mine and tunnel ventilation, our fans can be supplied with the following design features:
- flow reversal in a range between 40 to 60% of nominal flow achieved by varying the blade pitch or changing the direction of rotation
- operation in temperatures up to up to 600°C for 120 minutes
- explosion resistance due to the appropriate material combination for blades and fan casing
- the ability to change from regular operating position to stand-by position and vice versa automatically, e.g. for mine ventilation where a standby fan is required
We use the experience we have gained from a wide range of installations throughout the world to assess the needs of the customer and provide the optimum fan for each application.